sábado, 26 de junio de 2010

Ginger

Virginia Katherine McMath was born on July 16, 1911 in Independence, Missouri. Her nickname "Ginger," originated from her younger cousin Helen who pronounced "Virginia" as "Ginja." Family and friends continued to call her this.
She received a 1952 Golden Globe Nomination for her role in
Monkey Business. My children are actually watching this movie this evening. She is so funny... together with another of my favourites "Cary Grant"... they are hilarious!! If you haven´t see this one... it´s a must!

More than an actress, Ginger Rogers expressed herself through painting. Well, I did not know this and it´s something else that I like of her now then, since I love to paint! Here are some of her paintings. /

Virginia Katherine McMath nacio en Independence, Misuri el 16 de Julio de 1911. Su apodo "Ginger", lo origino su prima pequeña Helen que lo pronunciaba "Virginia" como "Ginja". Familia y amigos siguieron llamandola asi.
Recibio una nominacion de "Golden Globe" en 1952 por su parte en "Me siento Rejuvenecer". Que de hecho, mis hijos estan viendola esta noche. Esta muy graciosa, junto con otro de mis favoritos "Cary Grant"... estan superdivertidos!! Si no la habeis visto... es para verla!!!

Mas que una actriz, Ginger Rogers se expreso a traves de sus pinturas. Bueno, no sabia esto y ahora es algo mas que me gusta de ella, ya que a mi tambien me encanta pintar! Aqui hay algunas de sus pinturas.





To view more of her work clik here

Ginger Rogers is one of my favourites actresses. I think she had one of the most lovely eyes I´ve ever seen... I love the way she smiled and her sweet personality. I really like most of her films.


We are all unique but some people are "really unique" and she was one of them.

Have a lovely weekend my "unique" friends!!! /

Para ver mas de sus obras pinchar aqui

Ginger Rogers es una de mis actrices favoritas. Creo que tenia los ojos mas encantadores que nunca he visto... Me encanta como sonreia y su dulce personalidad. Me gustan la mayoria de sus peliculas.

Todos somos unicos pero algunas personas son "realmente unicas" y ella era una de ellas.

Que tengais un estupendo fin de semana mis "unicas" amigas!!!

5 comentarios:

desde my ventana dijo...

Admiro enormemente su trabajo y su arte.Creo que sus actuaciones junto a Fred Astaire son sublimes.
Me ha encantado ver sus pinturas ,
Bss

highheeledlife dijo...

What a beautiful and informative post! She really was lovely. And to learn that she was alos a talented painter makes her so much more real! Happy Sunday! HHL

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne dijo...

Such a talented painter, thank you so much for stopping by housewife bliss -- I just love meeting new bloggers. Looking forward to getting to know you.

..and Devon, oh I love Devon, I hear it was hot today, lets hope you have had a great deal of beach time this summer.

The homesteadingcottage dijo...

Wow! I had no idea she painted...she was actually pretty good (: I love the old black and white movies so much more than the new ones today. Hope you have a lovely week!

Michele
XOXO

Unknown dijo...

thank you for visiting my blog and have become my follower.
I also become your follower
Mari

Related Posts with Thumbnails